Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
From Cooking Light. Per 1 1/2 cup serving: 296 calories, 6.1 g fat, 32 g protein, 28.2 g carb, 5.6 g fiber, 66 mg cholesterol.
- 1 lb chicken breast tenders
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄3 cups sliced onions
- 1 cup green bell pepper, strips
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic (undrained)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle chicken tenders with salt and pepper.
- Let the oil get heated in a large nonstick skillet over med-high heat.
- Add in chicken; cook 2 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Add in onion and bell pepper; stir/saute 4 minutes.
- Lower heat to medium; add in garlic, chickpeas, and tomatoes.
- Cover and cook 8 minutes or until thoroughly heated.