Recipe by MAIDENUSA
From: Taste of home magazine. They are the ultimate alternative to plain rolls!
Top Review by Sweet PQ?
I've made these before using store bought pizza dough. They are really tasty. I served a spaghetti sauce (I like Classico for storebought) as a dipping sauce and omitted the sesame seeds.
- 1 loaf frozen bread dough, thawed 1 (Pound)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon marjoram
- 3⁄4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds or 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 12-in square. Combine butter and seasonings; spread over dough. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Fold dough into thirds. Cut crosswise into 24 strips,1/2 inches each. Twist each strip twice; pinch ends to seal. Place the strips 2-in apart on a greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise in a warm place until almost doubled, about 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, beat egg and water; brush over the twists.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and /or Parmesan cheese. Bake at 375* for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden brown.