Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 lb soft butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped fine
- 3 1⁄2 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- powdered sugar
- Whip butter with mixer.
- Continue mixing at low speed and add 1 cup powdered sugar, walnuts, then the flour, a few tablespoons at a time.
- Add vanilla.
- Drop cookie batter, by teaspoonfull quantities, on ungreased cookie sheet.
- The dough is fairly stiff so just roll the batter in little balls and then press down with a glass to shape.
- Bake 15-20 minutes at 350°.
- Remove from pan; sprinkle with a little powdered sugar.
Lovely biscuits,they were gone as soon as they cooled down!So I,ll be making more!
We loved these cookies! They're very buttery, not too sweet. They just melt in your mouth. I cut the recipe in half, but next time I will do the whole recipe and freeze some to have them handy. Very easy to make.
Very Good and very easy -- light and tasty. I baked a small batch exactly as directed -- they were good, but a bit flat. For the second batch I added a pinch of salt, that helped a bit, but I thought they could use a bit more flavor and texture so I added a 1/4 cup of vanilla sugar. That really rounded off the flavor. I would suggest adding 6 tablespoons of vanilla sugar to the whole batch or 6 tb of granulated sugar and another 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract. I got 110 cookies with a small cookie scoup -- they took 16 minutes to cook, I did two sheet at once -- reversing the sheets and a flipping them 180 degrees after 8 minutes.