Prep 5 mins
Cook 13 mins
When you're tired of plain old broccoli, try this variation. It tastes like it takes a lot more work than it does.
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut in wedges
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place broccoli and water in casserole dish.
- Cover and microwave on high for 4 to 8 minutes, until broccoli is'tender-crisp'.
- Season with oregano, salt and pepper.
- Add tomatoes.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2 to 4 minutes until tomatoes are hot.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Microwave for 1 minute, or until cheese melts.
Quick and easy. I used garlic salt and added a few other Italian seasonings. Also used non-fat mozzarella. Thanks!