Recipe by Melissa Spangler
This is a different broccoli casserole that tastes like pizza! It's always the first to go at family gatherings.
Top Review by v721jessic
My husband loved this dish. From reading the list of ingredients I was really excited to make it. It was a little too heavy for me. I used it as a main dish and I think it's supposed to be more of a side dish that you bring to pot lucks and such. I can see how it is so popular at family gatherings. It is meant to be eaten in smaller portions I think.
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 lb hot ground sausage
- 1 (11 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cook the broccoli according to package directions and drain.
- Brown the sausage, drain off fat, then add onions and sautee until clear.
- Add mushrooms and add cooked broccoli.
- Add sour cream, soup, garlic powder, salt& pepper to taste and 1/2 of the cheese to mixture.
- Mix well and pour into a greased 2 qt casserole, then top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly.