Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is my husband's favorite dish. I kinda just made it up one day i feeling experimental and it's been a staple in our house ever since. For just a nice weekday meal or for a dinner party, it's sure to impress! The best part, it's supper easy to make! Even the most novice cook can do this.
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 2 eggs
- Italian seasoned breadcrumbs (about a cup or so)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- mozzarella cheese (shredded or sliced)
- honey mustard sauce
- Preheat oven for 425°F.
- Turn a large skillet onto med-high heat
- Coat skillet with the olive oil.
- In one bowl, add eggs and beat with a fork.
- In the other bowl add bread crumbs.
- Coat chicken in the egg mixture then dip in the bread crumbs until coated.
- Then dip it again in the egg mixture then bread crumbs to get a nice breading around the chicken.
- Place chicken in the skillet.
- Let the chicken lay on both sides til their a nice crisp golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.
- Lay chicken on a greased backing sheet and brush on honey mustard.
- Cook for about 25 minute or unit chicken is done.
- Add mozzarella and return to oven for about 2 minutes for the cheese to melt.
Loved it! My fiance raved about it! Will make again!
Super simple, yet delicious. The honey mustard makes this chicken really special. For PAC.
* * * MADE FOR FALL 2008 PAC * * * This was very good. I used turkey tenderloin instead of chicken breasts, because 1 turkey tenderloin(weighing .49) was $1.49 at the store and a 4 pack of boneless, skinless chicken breasts was $7.53. Plus, I was cooking for myself tonight. But there was still enough left for DH when he got home from work and he liked it too. Plus, like the true airhead that I can be sometimes, I forgot the mozzarella cheese on top! I was just so hungry when it came time to eat, that I just dove right in. I made this with Quick Cheat for Chili's Sweet Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce, and it was great. I dipped the cooked meat in the honey mustard and that was good. The cooking times are perfect. The meat was moist and tasty. I think the next time I make it, I might put a little marinara sauce on top then put the cheese on, kinda like a parm. Thanks for posting a great recipe.