Recipe by Shoppohollic
Recipe comes from Southern Living. Simple and delicious sandwich; could easily be made to take on a picnic or for tailgating.Menu Suggestion:Broccoli Cheese Soup, Potato Chips.
- 8 ounces Italian bread
- 1⁄4 cup Italian dressing
- 1⁄3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup mustard
- 1⁄2 lb thinly sliced salami
- 1⁄2 lb thinly sliced mortadella or 1⁄2 lb bologna
- 1⁄2 lb thinly sliced provolone cheese
- romaine lettuce
- 3 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cooked and cut in half
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut bread diagonally into 8 slices. Arrange slices on baking sheet. Brush slices evenly with italian dressing and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 375 for 6 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Stir together mayonnaise and mustard in small bowl. Spread mixture on untoasted sides of each piece of bread.
- On four slices layer with salami, mortadella, provolone, lettuce, tomato and bacon. Then top with remaining 4 bread slices mayonnaise side down. Secure with toothpicks if desired.