A wonderful non-mayo based chicken salad! The sweet basil and balsamic vinegar taste delicious. Another good addition in this recipe is kalamata olives. Taylor it to your own tastes!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar or 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and drained
- 1 cup of washed arugula leaf, coarsely chopped
- 4 slices Italian bread, thick slices, Tuscan rounds
- 1In a large bowl whisk together mustard and vinegar.
- 2Whisk in the olive oil.
- 3Stir in the basil and season with salt and pepper.
- 4Stir in chopped chicken, tomatoes, bacon and arugula and mix to combine.
- 5Assemble chicken salad on thick slices of Tuscan or Italian bread.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian BLT Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (232 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 628.3
- Calories from Fat 423
- Total Fat 47.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 83.3 mg
- Sodium 698.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 27.2 g