Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a simple dish that will have you making it often. Next to my lasagna it is the most requested by my friends and family. Have lots of garlic bread ready. Enjoy!
- Add tomato sauce,rosemary,oregano,chili peppers,sugar and basil to a pot.
- Bring to boil and simmer one hour. Remove chili peppers.
- Cook pasta to al dente (little chewy). You don't want to overcook it as it cooks in the baking also.
- Remove sausage from casing and cook in 1/2 cup olive oil over medium high till browned.
- Add cooked sausage and all the oil (don't drain)to the tomato sauce and mix.
- Add cooked pasta into a 9x13 baking pan.
- Add the sausage and sauce over top and toss.
- Add parmesan on top and then cover with shredded mozzarella.
- Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes at 350°F (put toothpicks so cheese doesn't stick).
- Remover foil and continue to bake 10 minutes (watch cheese so it doesn't burn).
- Remove from oven and let set 10 minutes before serving to allow it to set.