Italian Restaurant Baked Ziti
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is a recipe I got from a friend for baked ziti recipe that originated from an Italian restaurant in New York City. I've been making it this way for years.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 lb ziti pasta
- 12 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 cups marinara sauce
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook ziti in a large pot of boiling salted water until
- tender but still firm, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Drain and rinse under cold running water;
- drain well.
- In a medium bowl, combine
- ricotta cheese, eggs, 1/2 cup Parmesan
- cheese, salt, pepper, and parsley. Mix to
- blend well.
- Toss cooked ziti with 2 cups
- marinara sauce.
- Place half the pasta in an
- 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Top with ricotta
- mixture and half the mozzarella cubes.
- Top with remaining ziti, marinara sauce,
- mozzarella, and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake until casserole is heated through and cheese is
- bubbly and lightly browned on top, 30 to 35
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION