1/4 Photos of Italian Baked Chicken and Pasta
Courtesy of Giada DeLaurentiis! I made this today after sitting on the recipe for quite some time. I am sorry I held on to it. It will be in my regular rotation from now on, it was easy, quick and very tasty. I will change a few things though...I will use tomatoes with Italian seasoning and maybe a little more cheese next time! I even think it would be good if you added some ricotta to the mix. There are a lot of possibilities, but it was good as it is written. I doubled the recipe and it was fine. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup Italian pastina (or any small pasta, I used small shells)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup cubed chicken breast
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice (I recommend using the ones with Italian seasoning)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, plus more
- butter, for baking dish
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Bring medium pot of salted water to boil.
- 3Add pasta and cook until just tender about 5 minutes. Drain into large bowl.
- 4Meanwhile heat olive oil in medium sautee pan over med heat.
- 5Add chicken and cook about 3 minutes.
- 6Add onions and garlic combine and cook about 5 minutes more or until chicken is done and onions soft.
- 7Add chicken to pasta in bowl, stir in canned tomatoes, mozzarella, parsley, salt, and pepper. Stir until combined.
- 8Place in buttered 8x8x2 dish.
- 9In small bowl combine bread crumbs and Parmesan.
- 10Spread over pasta mixture.
- 11Dot the top with butter.
- 12Bake until golden brown, about 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Baked Chicken and Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 251.0
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 35.2 mg
- Sodium 605.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 10.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: