Prep 1 hr
Cook 2 hrs
In 'The Everything Soup, Stew, and Chili Cookbook'
Make and share this Island Pork and Black Bean Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs boneless pork loin
- 1 cup pineapple-orange juice
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1 tablespoon jerk seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 large onions, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, minced
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 (16 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, minced
- Cut pork into 1-inch cubes; place in resealable plastic bag.
- Whisk together the orange-pineapple juice, lime juice, and jerk seasoning; pour over pork loin; reseal bag; place in refrigerator overnight.
- Drain marinade; allow cubes to dry; dust with flour.
- In a large skillet or Dutch oven, heat the oil over medium-high heat; brown cubes a few at a time, remove to a platter.
- In the same pan, saute onions, bell peppers, garlic, and jalapeno peppers for 3 minutes.
- Add in cumin, oregano, cloves, ginger, tomatoes, and wine; bring mixture to a boil; return pork to pot.
- Decrease heat to medium; simmer 1 1/2 hours.
- Add in beans; continue cooking 30 minutes.
- Stir in salt and pepper; garnish with cilantro.