Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I make these at least once a month..they do go fast tho.
- 2 1⁄4 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Cream butter or margarine and peanut butter with the sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and pineapple.
- Stir in flour mixture.
- Form into oblongs, using one heaped tsp.
- to each cookie.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for about 10 minutes.
I also glazed the top with powdered sugar mixed with water so the toasted coconut would stay on top.I thought about putting it on once they were in the oven. Next time I`ll roll them into coconut then bake. Real Islandieeeee!
DELIOIOUS! I was looking for a way to get rid of some extra crushed pineapple, and this was the perfect way. Not too sweet...and definitely not dull. Nice change of pace.
I made these for my husbands work, I doubled the recipe and glazed the top. Perfect. They all went and a few wanted the recipe. Great recipe Dancer^ Thanks.