Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
A New York style cheesecake with a fruit topping. This cheesecake is so impressive and is sure to wow! The recipe is adapted from a magazine.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 small papaya
- 1 mango
- 2 kiwi fruits
- 1 (12 ounce) jar apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits
- toasted coconut
- Stir together graham cracker crumbs, chopped almonds, melted butter, and sugar. Press crumb mixture into bottom and 1 inch up sides of a lightly greased 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake crust at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
- Beat softened cream cheese at medium speed with electric mixer until smooth. Gradually add 1 cup sugar, 3 tablespoons flour, and 1 tablespoon vanilla extract.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition. Add sour cream, and beat just until blended. Pour mixture into prepared crust.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until center is almost set. Remove cheesecake from oven; cool on wire rack. Cover and chill 8 hours.
- Gently run a knife around edge of cheesecake, and release sides of pan; spoon chilled Fruit Topping over top.
- Garnish, if desired.
- To make the fruit topping ~ peel and cut papaya, mango, and kiwifruit into small chunks. Stir together apricot preserves and 1 tablespoon rum in a large bowl; add papaya, mango, kiwifruit, and pineapple, tossing to coat. Cover and chill 1 hour. Drain before spooning on top of cheesecake. Makes 3 cups topping.