Recipe by Mimi in Maine
That's what the Crisco can calls these cookies. I have always loved Peanut Butter Cookies and always have tried different recipes as they were not quite right. One day, I saw this recipe on the can and thought that I should try it. I'm so glad I did. They are a dropped cookie and then crisscrossed on the top and not a rolled-in-a-ball cookie. I figured out that by rolling them first, they got tough, and dropping them on the cookie sheet keeps them crumbly and good. And, yes, the amount of vanilla is correct.
Top Review by Hollyism
This is my favorite Peanut Butter Cookie recipe! Moist and tender on the inside and crispy on the outside... perfection! I sometimes add chopped peanuts and milk chocolate chips... takes to another dimension... yum!
- 3⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco shortening
- 1 1⁄4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine peanut butter, Crisco, brown sugar, milk, and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Beat at medium speed until well blended.
- Add egg and beat just until blended.
- Mix in the flour, salt, and baking soda at low speed and mix just till blended.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls about 2" apart onto an ungreased sheet.
- Flatten slightly in crisscross pattern with tines of a floured fork.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 7-8 minutes or until set and just beginning to brown.
- Cool for 2 minutes on the sheet before removing.