Recipe by Donnalou86
Experimented and made this recipe up based on combinations of recipes. Fabulous comfort food and also very pretty little pies! (This recipe makes 6 small individual pies or you can make a large one, recipe can also be easily halved to make less)
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cansof condensed chicken soup (I use Campbell's but I'm sure any is fine)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) soup can refilled with milk
- 3 tablespoons single cream (optional but makes them super creamy) (optional)
- 150 g mushrooms, chopped into large chunks
- 3 large carrots, chopped into small cubes
- 100 g frozen peas
- 1 large onion, sliced finely
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 chicken breasts, chopped into chunks (skinless)
- 1 (17 ounce) packageof ready made puff pastry
- 1 egg, to brush on the top
- 3 chicken stock cubes (oxo is best)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a nice deep pan, melt the butter and get the pan nice and hot (without burning the butter.
- Add the chicken and fry for around 5 minutes until starting to brown.
- Add the onions, mushrooms and carrots, then reduce the temperature. Cook for 5-7 minutes gently. Until the onions are translucent and the vegetables are starting to cook.
- Crumble in the stock cubes and add salt and pepper, stirring through the ingredients.
- Add the soup, milk and cream, stir and heat gently for 5 minutes.
- Add the peas and cook for a further ten minutes (should be smelling lovely and chickeny now!).
- Spoon mixture into 6 individual pie dishes, or into a large pie dish if preferred.
- As the filling is cooling slightly, roll out the pastry to around 5mm thick.
- Cut rounds of pastry to fit your individual dishes or roll to fit the large dish,.
- Cover each little pie with it's pastry top, make a hole to let the steam escape and brush with beaten egg.
- Bake in the oven at 200 degrees for around 15-20 minutes until nice and brown. Delicious!