Recipe by Moonlightlady
Cold and Flu season are here. As a child, I used to get sick quite a bit and always seemed to get a nasty cough. My grandmother used to prepare this drink for me, it really helped and tasted so good (since I was a child, she didn't add a full shot of whiskey, but she did add some). The drink worked and by the next day, my cough was better. As an adult, I still prepare this drink when I get a cold. It may not cure you completely, but it will make you feel better and soothe your soul too :)
Top Review by Mustang Sally 54269
I had a head cold with a really sore throat and was looking for a hot tea solution. I had some Irish Whiskey and decided to give it a try. It was very tasty, refreshing & felt really good on my throat. This one is a keeper for me, even when I'm not sick with the flu/cold.
- 1 1⁄2 ounces Irish whiskey
- 6 ounces extremely hot brewed tea
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cinnamon stick
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare the tea.
- Note about tea: Use what you like and experiment. I use regular tea, but my grandmother always used Irish tea.
- Add the whiskey to the mug, then the honey, then the lemon.
- Stir thoroughly, add the cinnamon stick (let sit a few minutes - about 2 minutes - stir again), then drink.
- Hot drinks are great for a dry cough.