- 354.88 ml flour
- 0.59 ml salt
- 118.29 ml semolina
- 177.44 ml salted butter
- 78.07 ml superfine sugar
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 59.14 ml dried currant
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 325.
- sift the flour and salt into a bowl and mix in semolina.
- beat together the butter, sugar and lemon zest.
- stir in flour mixture and currants.
- work the dough with your hands til it clumps together.
- mold into a flattened ball and place on nonstick baking sheet.
- press the dough into 9 1/2 inch circle.
- trim edges neatly and make indentations on edges with a fork and prick the surface all over top.
- bake 35 minutes.
- cut into 12 wedges.