1/45 Photos of Irish Rosie's Irish Soda Bread
1 hr 10 mins
This Irish soda bread recipe was passed on to me by a dear friend of my mother's who was born and raised in Ireland. It's the best Irish soda bread I have ever had. It is much higher, lighter and softer than most other recipes I have seen. It has an excellent flavor and texture, as well.
My Private Note
9 inch ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- 2In a small bowl beat eggs and stir in sour cream.
- 3Add the egg and sour cream mixture to the dry ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon.
- 4Batter will be very thick.
- 5Add the raisins and caraway seeds and stir well with wooden spoon or knead in with your hands.
- 6Place batter in a greased 9 inch springform pan.
- 7Dust the top with enough flour so that you can pat the batter like a bread dough evenly in the pan without it sticking to your hands.
- 8With a knife make a shallow crisscross on the top.
- 9Bake for 50 minutes in a preheated 350ºF oven.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Irish Rosie's Irish Soda Bread
Serving Size: 1 (77 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 211.5
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 38.2 mg
- Sodium 263.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 4.5 g