Recipe by Michelle_My_Belle
From Americas Best: A Collection of Savory Recipes. Volume 1
Top Review by QueenJellyBean
These bars are pretty good. At first we could not really taste the Irish Mist very clearly but the bars were kinda gooey and they tasted good none the less. Of course we tried them when they were still pretty warm. When cooled a new flavor came through. The DH LOVED them!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups light brown sugar, packed, divided into 1 cup and 1/2 cup
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon Irish Mist liqueur
- 1 cup chopped nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- in large mixing bowl combine butter, 1/2 cup brown sugar and flour; blend until crumbly.
- firmly press crumb mixture into a 9 inch square baking pan.
- bake at 350 for 10 minutes; set aside to cool.
- in another bowl combine remaining sugar, 1 tbsp flour, and salt, blend well.
- add eggs; 1 at a time beating well after each.
- blend in liqueur.
- mix in nuts.
- spread evenly over cooled crust.
- bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
- cool in pan before cutting into bars.