Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is a hearty dish that will warm up your heart and your belly. It is easy and quick to prepare. Recipe Source: Raleys.com
- 1 lb frozen broccoli florets (steam in bag)
- 32 ounces chicken stock
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups prepared seasoned mashed potatoes
- 1 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons thyme
- 2 cups shredded irish cheddar cheese
- freshly ground pepper
- Add broccoli, chicken stock, celery and onion in a large stockpot. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Puree in batches in a blender or food processor and return to pan. Stir in potatoes, half & half and thyme. Bring to a boil again; reduce heat and simmer over very low heat for 10 minutes more. Slowly stir in cheese a handful at a time. Season with salt and pepper.
rich tasting, easy,warm.i used sharp cheddar. good for fast meal that fills you up