1/3 Photos of Instant Beef Tenderloin Stew
This stew consists of tender pieces of steak sauteed just until rare, then added to an array of vegetables. It's best made with beef tenderloin, although New York strip steak, sirloin tips and skirt steaks can also be used.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 29.58 ml unsalted butter
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 354.88 ml diced potatoes, rinsed (1/2 inch)
- 236.59 ml baby carrots
- 236.59 ml small white button mushrooms
- 78.07 ml chopped onion
- 14.79 ml chopped garlic
- 118.29 ml fresh baby green pea (or frozen)
- 2.46 ml salt
- 453.59 g beef tenderloin, fat trimmed (cut in 1 1/2 inch pieces)
- 1.23 ml fresh ground pepper
- 29.58 ml dry white wine
- 29.58 ml chicken broth
- 1Heat 1 tablespoon butter and the oil in a large nonstick skillet- Add potatoes, carrots and mushrooms.
- 2Cook, partially covered and stirring occasionally, 8 minutes or until vegetables are soft when pierced and lightly browned.
- 3Add onion; cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- 4Add garlic, peas and 1/4 teaspoon salt; cook 1 minute until fragrant- Cover and set aside.
- 5Heat remaining butter in another large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until very hot and foaming.
- 6Sprinkle meat with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and the pepper; add to skilet and cook 2 to 4 minutes, turning meat until browned on all sides.
- 7Add to vegetables; stir to mix- Transfer to a platter.
- 8Add wine and broth to skillet and boil 10 seconds- Pour over stew and serve.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Instant Beef Tenderloin Stew
Serving Size: 1 (278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 449.7
- Calories from Fat 270
- Total Fat 30.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 111.6 mg
- Sodium 402.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 25.6 g