Recipe by Debaylady
Another recipe from "The Italian Family Cookbook" and can be found on page 26. Gorgonzola cheese is a popular sharp Italian cheese. Combine the sharpness of the cheese with the crisp pears and the sweet red onions and well, your taste buds will whisper they love you! Enjoy!
Top Review by *Parsley*
Delicious! This combination works very well. Pears are such an underused fruit, in my opinion, so I was happy to see this recipe. I made this exactly as written. The dressing was good, but I feel like it should have had more flavor like some mustard and citrus. Next time I will add those (and maybe more) to the dressing. Thanx!
- 1 (10 ounce) bagfield greens mixed salad greens
- 1⁄2 cup gorgonzola, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, cut in thin strips
- 1 barlett pear, sliced very thin
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon red wine vinegar