Potato salad straighr from Palermo, Italy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the onion in its skin on a baking tray and put in a hot (I'd say 400 degrees) oven for about 20-30 minutes until it becomes slightly caramlised and soft.
- 2Boil the potatoes and the green beans in salted water until tender, drain and leave to cool.
- 3Chop up the tomatoes and add to a large salad bowl.
- 4Then cube the potatoes and add to the tomatoes along with the green beans.
- 5Chop up your very soft onion and add the anchovy fillets, bashing down into small pieces.
- 6Add a good lashing of excellent olive oil and a dash of white wine vinegar. Salt and pepper to taste and serve warm or cool, either as an antipasti, as a side dish or as a main second.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Insalata Alla Palermitana (Salad, Palermo Style)
Serving Size: 1 (116 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 54.9
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 3.4 mg
- Sodium 152.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 2.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar