Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Potato salad straighr from Palermo, Italy.
- 100 g waxy potatoes (washed but unpeeled)
- 100 g green beans
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 100 g tomatoes
- extra virgin olive oil (to taste)
- 1 large onion
- 1 dash white wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Place the onion in its skin on a baking tray and put in a hot (I'd say 400 degrees) oven for about 20-30 minutes until it becomes slightly caramlised and soft.
- Boil the potatoes and the green beans in salted water until tender, drain and leave to cool.
- Chop up the tomatoes and add to a large salad bowl.
- Then cube the potatoes and add to the tomatoes along with the green beans.
- Chop up your very soft onion and add the anchovy fillets, bashing down into small pieces.
- Add a good lashing of excellent olive oil and a dash of white wine vinegar. Salt and pepper to taste and serve warm or cool, either as an antipasti, as a side dish or as a main second.
A tasty salad with good things from the garden. I used some anchovy paste instead of anchovies, but everything else as stated, and it all worked together quite nicely. I wonder whether it would really make four servings, as two of us polished off most of it.