Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Potato salad straighr from Palermo, Italy.
Make and share this Insalata Alla Palermitana (Salad, Palermo Style) recipe from Food.com.
- Place the onion in its skin on a baking tray and put in a hot (I'd say 400 degrees) oven for about 20-30 minutes until it becomes slightly caramlised and soft.
- Boil the potatoes and the green beans in salted water until tender, drain and leave to cool.
- Chop up the tomatoes and add to a large salad bowl.
- Then cube the potatoes and add to the tomatoes along with the green beans.
- Chop up your very soft onion and add the anchovy fillets, bashing down into small pieces.
- Add a good lashing of excellent olive oil and a dash of white wine vinegar. Salt and pepper to taste and serve warm or cool, either as an antipasti, as a side dish or as a main second.