Recipe by @ngdarlen
After trying a hot and spicy shrimp dish at various Chinese buffets, I decided to re-create this favorite of mine at home.It fits well with Chinese themed menus, but I believe it would also be good marinated(in the same sauce you cook it in) skewered and grilled. Or if you are just in a shrimp mood, have it with whatever accompanyments, as it a very versatile dish and will fit into any menu. I think you hot and spicy fans will love this one.
Top Review by islandgirl77551
Ang, this is a great recipe! We all loved it. I didn't have any chili paste so I used chili powder instead. I served the shrimp over rice. I will definitely make this dish often.
- 1 lb peeled and deveined shrimp (any size)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 minced garlic cloves (more or less depending on preference)
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup real butter
- 1 tablespoon red chili paste (Shiraka)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a wok to medium heat.Add sesame oil, black pepper,pepper flakes and garlic.Stir and cook fast, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the butter and all other ingredients except shrimp, allowing the butter to melt.When the butter has melted, add the shrimp and toss to coat. Stirring frequently, cook the shrimp till done, usually about 5 minutes, or until the tails curl.