Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Original recipe from Paula Deen, tweaked for my family. Posted here for safekeeping!
- 4 medium russet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Scrub potatoes and pat dry.
- Slice into rounds 3/4" thick.
- Place in a saucepan, cover with water, bring to a boil, and boil 6 minute.
- Combine salt, pepper, and garlic ina small bowl and set aside.
- Drain potatoes and heat grill pan.
- Spray grill pan with non-stick spray, and place potatoes on grill pan in a single layer.
- Brush with melted butter and sprinkle lightly with seasonings- additional seasonings if you prefer (see below).
- Grill about 4 minutes, flip, brush with melted butter and seasonings again,and continue cooking until done.
- Optional seasonings (add into salt/pepper/garlic):.
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley.
- 1/4 tsp crushed dried rosemary.
- 1/4 tsp each oregano, rosemary, and basil.
- We have found that we can use butter flavored spray (like I Can't Believe It's Not Butter) or butter-flavored or olive-oil flavored non-stick cooking spray in place of the butter with great results.
these were great with your manburger recipe. using the non stick spray and the grill pan saves alot of calories too, great alternative to french fries.