Recipe by Ex-Pat Mama
Submitted by Hafni Yunianto The vegetables in the recipe are the most commonly used. But you can use whatever veggies you prefer: lettuce, spinach, cauliflower - anything really.
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 shallots
- 2 chili peppers (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons palm sugar (or brown sugar)
- 250 g roasted peanuts
- 2 teaspoons water
- 250 ml coconut milk
- 350 g cucumbers, sliced thin
- 400 g carrots, cut into matchsticks and steamed
- 200 g long beans, cut finger-length and steamed
- 300 g bean sprouts, blanched
- 350 g potatoes, peeled, cubed and steamed
- 4 eggs, hardboiled and diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare the dressing: In a blender or food processor, blend the first 6 ingredients (garlic to roasted peanuts) until smooth. Add the water and coconut milk, blend again until smooth. Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer 10 minutes. Allow to cool before using.
- Prepare the salad: Combine all the remaining ingredients (cucumber to eggs) in a large bowl. Pour the dressing over and serve.
- If you like, the salad ingredients can be set out separately rather than mixed altogether. The dressing can be served in individual bowls rather than poured over all.