Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Submitted by Hafni Yunianto The vegetables in the recipe are the most commonly used. But you can use whatever veggies you prefer: lettuce, spinach, cauliflower - anything really.
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 shallots
- 2 chili peppers (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons palm sugar (or brown sugar)
- 250 g roasted peanuts
- 2 teaspoons water
- 250 ml coconut milk
- 350 g cucumbers, sliced thin
- 400 g carrots, cut into matchsticks and steamed
- 200 g long beans, cut finger-length and steamed
- 300 g bean sprouts, blanched
- 350 g potatoes, peeled, cubed and steamed
- 4 eggs, hardboiled and diced
- Prepare the dressing: In a blender or food processor, blend the first 6 ingredients (garlic to roasted peanuts) until smooth. Add the water and coconut milk, blend again until smooth. Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer 10 minutes. Allow to cool before using.
- Prepare the salad: Combine all the remaining ingredients (cucumber to eggs) in a large bowl. Pour the dressing over and serve.
- If you like, the salad ingredients can be set out separately rather than mixed altogether. The dressing can be served in individual bowls rather than poured over all.