Recipe by SolightlyUK
From my Indonesian friend... she says you can use any vegetables that you have. What makes it special are the eggs and the dressing.
- 8 ounces new potatoes, scubbed
- 1 large carrot, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 4 ounces French beans, trimmed
- 8 ounces tiny cauliflower florets
- 4 ounces cucumbers, cut into matchsticks
- 3 ounces fresh bean sprouts
- 3 medium eggs, hardboiled and quartered
For the Dressing
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 1 red chile, deseeded and finely chopped
- 5 ounces crunchy peanut butter
- 6 tablespoons hot vegetable stock
- 2 teaspoons soft light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the potatoes in a saucepan of boiling water for 15-20 minutes until tender. Remove with a slotted spoon and thickly slice into a large bowl. Keep the saucepan of water boiling.
- Add the carrot, French beans and cauliflower to the water, return to the boil and cook for 2 minutes or just until tender. Drain and refresh under cold running water, then drain well. Add to the potatoes with the cucumber and bean sprouts.
- To make the dressing, gently heat the sesame oil in a small saucepan. Add the garlic and cilli and cook for a few secnds, then remove from the heat. Stir in the peanut butter. Stir in the stock a little at a time. Add the remaining ingredients and mis together to make a thick creamy dressing.
- Divid the vegetables between 4 plates and arrange the eggs on top. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and serve immediately.