Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love these! I am always looking for new and interesting meals to bring for lunch. My father started making these a while ago - I don't know where he got the recipe but I love it.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons green cabbage, shredded
- 1 tablespoon onion, chopped
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1⁄3 cup peanuts, without skins, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon honey
- 2 large whole wheat tortillas
- romaine lettuce
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a skillet and saute cabbage and onions about 5 minutes - set aside to cool.
- Combine the rice, cabbage, onion, peanuts, and raisins in a bowl.
- Whisk together the soy sauce, remaining oil, curry powder and honey in a small bowl. Pour this over the rice mixture and combine well.
- Lay tortilla on a flat surface. Put some romaine lettuce on the tortilla.
- Put 1/2 the filling on the tortilla and roll up, burrito-style.
- If you are packing this for a later lunch, put a little water on the rolled ends and wrap the roll-up in plastic wrap. It will stay together when unwrapped.
Oh this is a wonderful recipe, I made this as a take-home snack for my DS, what a wonderful combination of flavors, with a nice crunch from the peanuts, I doubled the recipe to make 4 rolls, I look forward to making this again, this is very good! thanks for sharing Mo-B!...Kitten:)