Recipe by Pets'R'us
A great side dish to an Indonesian meal, or a extended "rijsttafel" which consists of many dishes. Even if you do not coat the banana's with coconut it is still very nice. You can also use half butter, half oil for frying
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
Tasty!! I am glad I made these with bananas that were still a tiny bit green; I do not like mushy textures and I think with ripe bananas they would have been too soft. Made as is and the whole family enjoyed them. We served these with a breakfast casserole for our weekly 'breakfast for dinner'. Made for Cook-a-thon for Pets'R'Us 5/2010.
- 3 large bananas
- 3 ounces desiccated coconut
- peanut oil, for shallow frying
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the desiccated coconut in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Peel the bananas, slice thickly on an angle, then place in the bowl with the coconut and toss to coat well on all sides.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the coated banana and stir fry over low/medium heat until the coconut is lightly browned and the banana slices are heated through.
- Serve hot as an accompaniment.
- Note: you can also quarter the banana's instead of slicing them.