Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
To have a cake of your own! I can eat the whole thing!
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 medium peaches, peeled
- 1 ounce finely chopped crystallized ginger, approximately 3 tablespoons
- 2 1⁄2 ounces all-purpose flour, approximately 1/2 cup
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk, room temperature
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- whipped cream, for serving (or ice cream) (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Divide 2 tablespoons of the butter between 4 (6-ounce) ramekins.
- Melt the remaining tablespoon of butter and set aside.
- Evenly divide the brown sugar between the ramekins; sprinkling it into the bottoms of the dishes.
- Cut each peach into 12 to 14 pieces. Lay the peaches on top of the sugar; evenly dividing them between the dishes and sprinkle with the ginger.
- Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the sugar, buttermilk, vanilla extract and 1 tablespoon of melted butter.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and stir just until combine.
- Pour the batter over the peaches; dividing the mixture evenly between the dishes.
- Place on the middle rack of the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the cake reaches an internal temperature of 190 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer.
- Remove from the oven to a rack and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Run a knife around the edge of each dish and turn upside down onto a serving plate.
- Repeat with each cake.
- Serve immediately with whipped cream or ice cream if desired.