To have a cake of your own! I can eat the whole thing!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 medium peaches, peeled
- 1 ounce finely chopped crystallized ginger, approximately 3 tablespoons
- 2 1/2 ounces all-purpose flour, approximately 1/2 cup
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup buttermilk, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- whipped cream, for serving (or ice cream) (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Divide 2 tablespoons of the butter between 4 (6-ounce) ramekins.
- 3Melt the remaining tablespoon of butter and set aside.
- 4Evenly divide the brown sugar between the ramekins; sprinkling it into the bottoms of the dishes.
- 5Cut each peach into 12 to 14 pieces. Lay the peaches on top of the sugar; evenly dividing them between the dishes and sprinkle with the ginger.
- 6Set aside.
- 7In a medium mixing bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- 8In a separate bowl whisk together the sugar, buttermilk, vanilla extract and 1 tablespoon of melted butter.
- 9Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and stir just until combine.
- 10Pour the batter over the peaches; dividing the mixture evenly between the dishes.
- 11Place on the middle rack of the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the cake reaches an internal temperature of 190 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer.
- 12Remove from the oven to a rack and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- 13Run a knife around the edge of each dish and turn upside down onto a serving plate.
- 14Repeat with each cake.
- 15Serve immediately with whipped cream or ice cream if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Individual Upside-Down Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 291.0
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 24.1 mg
- Sodium 223.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 35.5 g
- Protein 3.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: