1/3 Photos of Individual Savoury Rabbit Puddings - from Leftover Roast
Sommelier to boot's Note:
I needed a hearty way of using the previous nights leftover roast rabbit and veggies for my partner. This recipe is based on the flavours and seasonings already coming from the previously roasted meat, the seasonings I used to bake the rabbit initially were seeded mustard, garlic, fresh thyme leaves and salt & pepper. I had just purchased a silicone muffin tray and decided to bake along the lines of an English savoury pudding. These turned out so well, and were very popular with my carnivore partner & friends.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 210°C.
- 2If you are using a traditional metal muffin tray grease it then preheat for 10 minutes prior to baking.
- 3Prepare the french stick by cutting into 8 rounds, then in a separate bowl crack eggs, whisk them together and then whisk the milk inches.
- 4Soak the bread rounds in the egg mixture until completely drenched, about 20 minutes, like french toast.
- 5Combine rabbit and veggies in a bowl, slowly add cream to coat and make a dry sauce.
- 6Add the diced chile.
- 7When the bread rounds in the egg mixture are ready,.
- 8Cut the puff pastry into 9cm diameter rounds, or wide enough to cover the bottom and sides of each muffin hole to just a little below the rim.
- 9Fill with the rabbit mixture to the puff pastry line.
- 10Place the bread in the egg mixture on top of each pudding and push them firmly down into the rabbit mixture.
- 11Bake for 20 minutes or until top of bread is dark gold and crispy.
- 12The puddings are moist but don't have any sauce in the centre so I served them with a mushroom sauce which was absorbed beautifully by the rabbit puddings. Serve as a main with sauce and veggies, or appetizer just with the sauce. This looks different, and your guests will be excited to try them, a great and inexpensive way to use up leftovers.
- 13Serve with a creamy chardonnay.
Browse Our Top Rabbit Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Individual Savoury Rabbit Puddings - from Leftover Roast
Serving Size: 1 (241 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 883.7
- Calories from Fat 567
- Total Fat 63.0 g
- Saturated Fat 20.6 g
- Cholesterol 203.6 mg
- Sodium 442.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 16.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: