Mom2 T, K, K & G's Note:
These luscious cakes can be assembled hours ahead of when you need them. When you're ready to go, just pop the cakes in the oven and bake away. Recipe: David Lebovitz *^*Lovingly adopted by Mom2 T, K, K & G September 2006 =)*^*
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water, melt the chocolate and the butter together until smooth.
- 2Remove from heat and whisk in 2 tablespoons of sugar and the egg yolks.
- 3Butter six 6-ounce custard cups or ramekins to use as cake molds.
- 4Sprinkle the insides with sugar and tap out any excess.
- 5Adjust the oven rack to the center of the oven and preheat to 400 degrees.
- 6In a clean, dry bowl, beat the egg whites with an electric mixer on medium speed until they are frothy.
- 7Increase the speed and whip until the egg whites start to form soft, wet peaks.
- 8Whip in the remaining 2 tablespoons sugar and beat just until the whites form shiny, droopy peaks.
- 9Fold one-third of the egg whites into the chocolate mixture to lighten it, then fold the remaining egg whites into the chocolate batter.
- 10Divide the batter into the prepared cake molds, set them on a baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes, until they feel just slightly baked in the center.
- 11Remove from oven and let stand for a moment before unmolding onto serving plates.
- 12serve these with something simple, such as coffee ice cream or a flavored creme anglaise.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Individual Hot Chocolate Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (98 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 149.3
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 161.3 mg
- Sodium 101.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 4.2 g