1/1 Photo of Individual Cottage Pies
1 hr 25 mins
I took this hearty ground beef and potato part of traditional British pub fare and tweaked it just slightly to make it vegetarian and lower fat, but still stick to your ribs and comforting. Making it in individual "pot pie" plates makes portion control, freezing and reheating easy for singles or families where everyone is on a different schedule too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large yukon gold potato, peeled and cubed (or 2 medium)
- 14.79 ml sea salt
- 14.79 ml non fat Greek yogurt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 14.79 ml minced chives
- 2 green onions, minced
- 14.79 ml parmesan cheese
- 0.25 ml black pepper
- 7.39 ml dried parsley
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 0 large onion, diced
- 16 baby carrots, diced (or 2 large carrots)
- 200 g vegetarian ground beef
- 4.92 ml vegetable bouillon, mixed with (I use "Better than Bouillon" Vegetarian Beef Base)
- 78.07 ml hot water
- 4.92 ml dried thyme
- 1.23 ml allspice
- 4.92 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 14.79 ml ketchup
- 59.14 ml frozen peas
- 1Boil potato in a large pot of water with 1 tbsp sea salt.
- 2Pass through a food mill or ricer (or mash completely smooth).
- 3Stir in yogurt, garlic, green onions, Parmesan, black pepper and dried parsley. Set aside.
- 4In a large frying pan heat the oil and cook onion and carrots until tender, about 12 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, combine Yves' Ground Round, base + water, thyme, allspice, Worcestershire, ketchup, and peas.
- 6When vegetables are done, add to the mince mixture and stir in thoroughly.
- 7Divide between two pot pie plates.
- 8Dollop half the mashed potato mixture on each pie and spread to cover the filling.
- 9Bake immediately or wrap well in foil and freeze.
- 10To bake immediately or when thawed:
- 11Preheat oven to 375F and bake (uncovered) 35 minutes.
- 12To heat from frozen:.
- 13Heat oven to 350°F.
- 14Bake, covered 1 hour, then uncover, raise oven to 400F and bake 10-15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Individual Cottage Pies
Serving Size: 1 (380 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 400.2
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 64.2 mg
- Sodium 3796.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 24.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: