Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Last night I was tired and wanted to make something easy after cooking all day. So I grabbed two chicken breast fillets, some puff pastry, frozen peas, sliced leeks and ready made bechamel sauce ...... the recipe looks like a lot of work, but it really isn't - the steps are all so simple. I hope you also find it easy to throw together after a big day!
- 60 ml butter
- 2 chicken breast fillets, trimmed
- 1 leek, thoroughly washed and thinly sliced
- 2 cups of defrosted frozen peas
- 1 1⁄2 cups approx ready made bechamel sauce
- 4 frozen puff pastry sheets
- 1⁄2 cup shaved parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk, to glaze and seal pies
- Take pastry sheets out of freezer to defrost.
- Heat butter in frypan/skillet over medium to high heat.
- Cook chicken fillets in pan for 3 - 5 minutes.
- Flip fillets over, cover pan and cook fillets on lower heat for 10 minutes.
- Chop cooked fillets into small pieces.
- Allow to cool.
- Line six individual pie dishes with puff pastry.
- Distribute chicken evenly between dishes.
- Distribute peas evenly into dishes.
- Pour bechamel sauce evenly into dishes.
- Top filling of each pie with shaved parmesan cheese.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Brush milk over edge of each pie.
- Place circle of pastry topping over each pie.
- Slice a 1/2 inch vent into the top of each pie.
- Brush each pie with milk to glaze.
- You can either freeze them now, or pop into a 200 degree oven for 25 - 30 minutes until the pastry is golden and the filling hot.
- Serve with potatoes wrapped in foil and baked in the oven.
- Maybe a salad as well if you have the energy!
This is a very good recipe. I added mushrooms and some extra spice (basil and thyme). I made them in muffin tins (mini muffin chicken puffs)and served with potatoes. They were the perfect size for my kids and they loved them. I will be making them again. And you are right this is an easy recipe. Thank you!
This is so easy to put together. I used a square tin to make one large pie. I did halve the recipe to fit the tin I used and used 2 sheets of pastry, one for the top & one for the bottom. The flavours blended really well. I wasn't quite sure when to add the leek as this step seems to have been missed, so I added it with peas. I did also cook the leek slices briefly in the microwave before using. Will be making this again to serve to friends. Thanks for posting. :)