Recipe by HeatherFeather
Pretty finish to an Italian themed meal. Also would be so lovely as a Valentine's Day treat. You will need 6 pretty clear serving dishes for this recipe. Use a food processor to turn some shortbread cookies into the 1 1/2 cups cookie crumbs needed.
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup coffee liqueur (such as Kahlua)
- 1 1⁄2 cups crumbled shortbread cookies
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- grated chocolate, garnish
- fresh mint leaves, garnish
- 6 maraschino cherries, with stems garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix ricotta, powdered sugar, sour cream, and coffee liqueur well.
- Spoon 2 Tbsp ricotta mixture into each of six (8 ounce each) decorative clear serving dishes.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons cookie crumbs on top of each.
- Spoon 2 Tbsp cherry filling on top next.
- Repeat layers once more, plus one more ricotta layer (last layer will be more like a small dollop on top).
- Chill, covered, 2-3 hours.
- When ready to serve, garnish each with some grated chocolate, a cherry, and a sprig of fresh mint leaves.