1/2 Photos of Individual Beef Wellington
Mrs Goodall's Note:
This recipe comes from Rachel Rays 30-Minute Meals 2. It's easy and delicious not to mention elegant and worthy of a dinner party!! I don't always use filet, just whatever steak I have in the freezer that is 1 inch thick. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 1/2 lb button mushroom, with stems cleaned and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, finely chopped (1 teaspoon dried)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 4 filet mignon steaks, tournedos 1 inch thick
- 8 ounces mousse pate (store boughtt)
- 1 sheet puff pastry, frozen store bought (11 X 17 inches)
- 1 egg, beaten with a splash of water
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Heat a small skillet over medium heat. Add oil and butter, shallots, chopped mushrooms, and thyme. Season with salt and pepper and saute, 5 minutes.
- 3Add sherry and let the liquid evaporate. Remove mushrooms from heat.
- 4In a nonstick skillet over high heat, sear meat 2 minutes on each side in a drizzle of oil. Remove skillet from the heat and season meat with salt and pepper.
- 5Cut pate into 4 pieces, 2 ounces each.
- 6Spread the puff pastry sheet out onto a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper.
- 7Quarter the dough with a sharp knife.
- 8On each rectangle of dough, place 1/4 of the cooked mushrooms. Top mushrooms with 2 ounces pate and 1 tournedo of beef.
- 9Wrap dough up and over the meat, trim excess dough, and seal the dough with egg wash, using a pastry brush.
- 10Leftover dough bits can be used to decorate the tops of your Wellingtons.
- 11Turn the wrapped Wellingtons over and cover with egg wash.
- 12Bake 10 minutes or until golden.
- 13Let stand 5 minutes and serve!
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Individual Beef Wellington
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 459.2
- Calories from Fat 279
- Total Fat 31.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 60.5 mg
- Sodium 196.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 8.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
filet mignon steaks