Recipe by Jellyqueen
I found this recipe in a 1974 Southern Living cookbook. We ate this a lot as kids on the farm, but it was never made from a written recipe...I sure was glad to find this one, so I could share.
- 1 quart butter beans
- 1 slice bacon, diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large potato, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1⁄2 celery, diced
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour 1 quart water in a large saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Add butter beans, bacon, and butter and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, onion, tomatoes, celery, salt, and pepper and cook over low heat for 45 minutes.
- Add the corn and cook for an additional 10 minutes.