Recipe by I'mPat
From a national supermarket. Serve with coriander leaves and yoghurt.
Top Review by Peter J
Delicious! I made the full recipe using two large shanks so cooked for three hours which was so tender I ate mine using a fork. The excess curry (from just making two serves) was great served over mashed potato.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 lamb shanks
- 1 onion (larged chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup curry paste (Rogan Josh)
- 400 g tomatoes (can diced)
- 1 cup beef stock
- coriander leaves, to serve (optional)
- yoghurt, to serve (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 160C (140C fan forced oven).
- Heat the oil in a 10 cup capacity flameporoof casserole dish.
- Brown the shanks in 2 batches over high heat on stove top and set aside.
- Add the onion to the pan and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes or until very soft and brown.
- Add the curry paste and cook stirring for a minute and then stir in the tomatoes and stock and bring to the boil.
- Return lamb shanks to the pan, cover tightly and bake for 2 hours in the oven or until the meat is very tender (this could depend on the size of the shanks).
- Serve and top with the coriander and serve the yoghurt.