Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Garam masala is a blend of ground spices including cinnamon, cumin, dried chiles, and coriander. Wear plastic gloves to keep the chicken mixture from sticking to your hands. Serve with cucumber spears. From Cooking Light.
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon bottled ground fresh ginger (such as Spice World)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 lb ground chicken
- cooking spray
- 1⁄4 cup 2% low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped of fresh mint
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup hot mango chutney
- 4 (1 1/2 ounce) hamburger buns
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
- To prepare patties, combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl. Divide mixture into 4 equal portions, shaping each into a 1/2-inch-thick patty. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add patties to pan; cook 7 minutes on each side or until done.
- Combine yogurt, mint, and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Spread 1 tablespoon chutney on bottom halves of 4 buns; top each with 1 patty, 1 tablespoon yogurt mixture, 1/4 cup spinach, and a bun top.