Recipe by kindcook
A tasty vegetarian dish without cheese or salt. The spices are refreshingly different. Adapted from a FamilyCircle magazine recipe.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 teaspoons garam masala
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) bag Baby Spinach
- 1 medium cauliflower, core removed, cut into florets
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- cooked brown rice (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large, lidded non-stick pot.
- Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally, for 6 minutes, until nicely browned.
- Stir in garam masala and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add tomatoes with their juice and heat until boiling.
- Add spinach and continue stirring until it is wilted down. Put on lid and simmer 20 minutes. Spinach should be very well done.
- Remove lid, stir in cauliflower and cook until cauliflower is tender.
- Stir in raisin and garbanzo beans until heated through.
- Serve over brown rice and top with cashews.