Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Such a simple dish with only 3 ingredients excluding salt and pepper. Can't wait to try this dish.
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground turmeric (or more to suit your taste)
- 1 medium cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of the oil onto a baking sheet. Sprinkle on the turmeric. Spread the cauliflower on the pan in one layer. Drizzle with the remaining oil. Add the salt and several grinds of pepper. Mix with your hands to coat the florets.
- Roast for 20 minutes. Stir the cauliflower, roast 5 minutes and stir again. Continue roasting until the cauliflower is almost soft and some tips are dark brown, about 5 minutes longer. Cool the cauliflower on the pan. Serve warm or at room temperature.
I was searching for a simple Indian recipe for cauliflower, and picked this due to its simplicity. We loved it! But we did add quite a bit more turmeric (I may have doubled it) and also added a teaspoon of Muchi Curry (a powdered spice that you can buy at Whole Foods, which has cayenne pepper) and an onion to the cauliflower. I also cut the cauliflower larger than 1/4 inch florets (maybe that's an error?) But what a wonderful simple dish, thanks for sharing!
My whole family loved this recipe, a real keeper and I loved how easy to make. I too added curry. Will make again for sure
I'm another one who loves roasted cauliflower, and this recipe is spot-on. I used a LOT more turmeric than the recipe calls for, as that amount gave very little color to the cauliflower, and turmeric is a very healthful spice. Other spices can easily be added to this for more variety, according to taste. We had it with Saag Paneer (Panir) - Indian Spinach and Cheese and brown basmati rice and both enjoyed the meal a great deal.