Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A wonderful, easy and versatile dessert. You can use fresh fruit, like peaches, kiwi, berries or bananas, or canned fruit of just about any kind.
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1⁄4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon ground cardamom seed
- 1⁄3 cup basmati rice or 1⁄3 cup long grain rice, rinsed well and drained
- 2 cups diced fruit, your choice
- mint leaf, for garnish
- Heat the milk, condensed milk and honey with cardamom over med heat, stirring constantly so as not to scorch the milk. When it is just about at the boiling point, add rice and continue cooking, stirring often, about 45 min until rice is tender and about half the liquid has cooked away. Cool and refrigerate until cold. To serve, top the pudding with the fruit and garnish with a a couple of mint leaves.
Excellent dessert and so easy to make. I worried about the rice not cooking enough but it was done perfectly at the end of cooktime. I added some cinnamon as well and stirred the fruit right in the pudding when it was finished, saving a little bit to put on top. I used peaches as they are in season right now. I loved it! Thanks for posting. Made for ZWT 8 :)