Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This delicious recipe is from the "FOOD" column of the Weekend magazine by Anjali Vellody's "Mad about mutton" article. I hope you enjoy this one! Bon Appetite!
- 5 medium onions, peeled,washed and thinly sliced
- 600 g lamb, cut into small pcs.
- black pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh tomato paste
- 3 -4 tablespoons dried lime powder
- 3 cups hot water
- 7 small eggplants, washed,peeled and sliced lengthwise into 1 inch thick slices
- 1⁄2 cup of fresh mint, washed and finely chopped
- oil, as required
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 2-3 tbsps.
- of oil in a pot.
- Add onions and fry until golden brown.
- Add meat and fry until it is well browned.
- Stir in hot water.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Stir well and cook on medium flame for 45-60 minutes or until the meat is cooked.
- Then add the tomato paste and the powdered dried lime.
- Mix well and ensure that there should be atleast a cup of hot water in the meat.
- If it is lesser than a cup, add more hot water and mix well.
- Once the gravy thickens, add mint leaves and remove from heat.
- Sprinkle salt on both sides of the eggplants.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan as required.
- Add eggplants and shallow-fry them in the hot oil on medium flame until golden in colour.
- Place eggplants over the meat.
- Make sure you don't mix them with the meat.
- Cover the pan tightly with a lid.
- Cook over low flame for 10 minutes.
- Serve with hot rotis or naan or kulcha or parathas.