1/2 Photos of Indian Inspired Crepes
I first got hooked on savory crepes when I visited France for the first time many years ago. Since then I have filled my crepes with just about everything. I hope you like these as much as I do.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 piece fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can of petite diced tomatoes
- 3 ounces plain yogurt
- 1Fry chopped onions in oil until they are soft. Add chopped garlic, jalapeno, ginger and spices. I usually use a 1 x 1 inch piece of ginger. Fry for a couple of minutes. If the mix sticks to the pan, add a few tablespoons of water. Add the meat and fry until the meat is nicely browned.
- 2Add the can of tomatoes to the meat mix and let it simmer, covered, for 20 - 30 minutes.
- 3Add the yogurt and let it simmer, uncovered, for about 10 minute more.
- 4Taste and add salt according to your taste.
- 5Use your favorite recipe and make crepes. The filling is enough to fill 6 crepes.
- 6Fill the crepe, roll it up and place on dinner plate. Drizzle with a little bit of yogurt and sprinkle a dash of turmeric on top.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Indian Inspired Crepes
Serving Size: 1 (213 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 245.4
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 53.4 mg
- Sodium 146.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 15.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: