Recipe by HAGT
I first got hooked on savory crepes when I visited France for the first time many years ago. Since then I have filled my crepes with just about everything. I hope you like these as much as I do.
Top Review by Barb R
Well, my crepes were a disaster, but that had nothing to do with this recipe. The spices, tomato and ground beef go fantastically together. I used Serrano chiles, but other than that, followed the recipe to the letter and I will certainly be making it again. Thank you Hagt!
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 piece fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canof petite diced tomatoes
- 3 ounces plain yogurt
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry chopped onions in oil until they are soft. Add chopped garlic, jalapeno, ginger and spices. I usually use a 1 x 1 inch piece of ginger. Fry for a couple of minutes. If the mix sticks to the pan, add a few tablespoons of water. Add the meat and fry until the meat is nicely browned.
- Add the can of tomatoes to the meat mix and let it simmer, covered, for 20 - 30 minutes.
- Add the yogurt and let it simmer, uncovered, for about 10 minute more.
- Taste and add salt according to your taste.
- Use your favorite recipe and make crepes. The filling is enough to fill 6 crepes.
- Fill the crepe, roll it up and place on dinner plate. Drizzle with a little bit of yogurt and sprinkle a dash of turmeric on top.