Prep 10 mins
Cook 13 mins
These muffins are a staple in my house, they are amazingly fluffy and almost cake-like but light and SO delicious - not to mention easy! Taste them once, you'll make them over and over! Enjoy!
- 1⁄2 cup softened butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 oranges, zest of, grated
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice (no pulp is best)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄3 cups good dark chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350, have eggs at room temperature Cream butter and sugar in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and mix on medium until incorporated.
- Add grated orange zest, flour, baking soda, baking powder and sour cream, mix inches Add orange juice and chocolate chips, mix on low for about 30-45 seconds, until mixed well.
- Fill greased muffin pan cups a little more than half full, bake at 350 for 12 min or more, until cake tester comes out clean - depends on your oven, should be between 12 and 15 minutes; mine usually takes 13 minutes
Directions not clear: mixed "inches" with sour cream.
Great recipe! minimuffins take ten minutes but they lose their orange-ness. I am adding more zest and some concentrated flavoring or extract next time.
I love this recipe- soo yummy! Only instead of orange juice, I used 1 tablespoon natural orange flavor and added 1/2 cup flour. And of course, i loaded them with chocolate chips!! At a party, i put a little glaze on top as well. Great, thanks for sharing!!!!!