Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
No taco shells are needed for enjoying the great taco flavor of this easy main dish pie.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can green chilies, drained
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 3⁄4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- sour cream
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Grease 9 inch pie plate.
- Cook ground beef and onion in skillet over medium heat stirring occasionally until beef is brown; drain.
- Stir in seasoning mix (dry).
- Spoon into pie plate; top with chilies.
- Stir milk eggs and Bisquick mix until blended.
- Pour into pie plate.
- Bake about 25 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes longer.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Serve with salsa and sour cream.
Quick, tasty weeknight meal! I always have everything listed on hand, so this will be made again. I cut the fat/calories by using a mixture of lean ground beef and ground turkey breast, along with 2% cheese, Heart Smart Bisquick and skim milk. Thanks Fluffy for making my busy night easier!
Thanks for posting. Saved me having to type this recipe that originates from BettyCrocker.com
So easy it is crazy. My family went gonzo over this. I was ashamed to take credit for it. My 21 YOS asked that I put it in the family cookbook. My honey told me I out did myself again. How could I not take credit? After all, I did cook it, right? Thanks for the delicious and quick recipe.