Recipe by Fluffy
No taco shells are needed for enjoying the great taco flavor of this easy main dish pie.
Top Review by DuChick
Quick, tasty weeknight meal! I always have everything listed on hand, so this will be made again. I cut the fat/calories by using a mixture of lean ground beef and ground turkey breast, along with 2% cheese, Heart Smart Bisquick and skim milk. Thanks Fluffy for making my busy night easier!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can green chilies, drained
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 3⁄4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Grease 9 inch pie plate.
- Cook ground beef and onion in skillet over medium heat stirring occasionally until beef is brown; drain.
- Stir in seasoning mix (dry).
- Spoon into pie plate; top with chilies.
- Stir milk eggs and Bisquick mix until blended.
- Pour into pie plate.
- Bake about 25 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes longer.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Serve with salsa and sour cream.