Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a delicious meal in itself. A wonderful way to get those veggies into your diet, too! For WW it's 4 points/serving. Serves 4
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat biscuit mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup 2% cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease 9 inch pie plate.
- Heat 1 inch salted water to boiling in medium saucepan. Add broccoli; cover and heat to boiling.
- Cook about 5 minutes or until almost tender (OR you can micro-steam it in your microwave); drain thoroughly.
- Stir together cooked broccoli, onion, bell pepper and cheese in pie plate.
- Stir remaining ingredients until blended. Pour into pie plate. Bake 35-34 minutes or until golden brown and knife inserted in center comes out clesn. Cool 5 minutes.
This is a tough one for me to rate. I used Recipe#145489 as my biscuit mix (which I have used before in similar recipes with no problem. But when I mixed it up there was no way it was pourable. I patted it on top but it didn't even come close to covering the top. So I mixed up another batch of topping. This covered, but baked up to be too much bread. We didn't find this to be quiche like at all, but like bread with some veggies and cheese on the bottom. I realize that was because I used too much topping, but I don't feel it would have come close to covering it with the topping the way it was stated. This was tasty as it was, but not something I think we'll make again. Thanks for a neat one to try.
I served this at Sunday brunch for a few lady friends. Tastes like quiche, but much simpler to make. I will be using this recipe again and trying it next time with asparagus in place of the broccoli. Thank you for sharing!