Recipe by Kimke
Easy, quick quiche recipe using Bisquick as a base. You can subsitute other veggies for the mushrooms if you prefer.
Top Review by Get Smart
Loved this easy recipe. I'm always lazy about making crusts from scratch, so this solved the problem. I used a combo of broccoli, mushrooms and onions for the filling and it was delicious.
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 2 cups milk (can use skim)
- 1 cup shredded cheese (swiss or cheddar)
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme (fresh is best)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lightly grease a 9-10 inch pie plate.
- Sprinkle mushrooms, cheese, and onion evenly over bottom of pie plate.
- Place remaining ingredients in blender, cover, and blend on high for 1 minute (or whisk by hand until mixed well).
- Pour into pie plate.
- Bake until golden brown and knife inserted in center comes out clean (50-55 minutes).
- Let stand 5 minues before cutting.
- Refrigerate leftovers.