Bisquick Impossible Quiche
This is from an old cookbook called "Ladies in Pink", dated 2006. It was created by, and for, those who have battled breast cancer.
- Ready In:
- 2 slices bacon, fried and crumbled
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup Bisquick
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dill weed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lightly grease an 8 inch square pan or a 9 inch pie plate.
- Cook bacon until crisp; drain on paper towels; discard grease.
- Sprinkle bacon, cheese and onion into pan.
- Blend eggs, Bisquick, milk, pepper, dry mustard, dill weed and salt together until smooth.
- Pour mixture over top of bacon mixture.
- Bake until top is golden brown, and knife inserted comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
What a great baked egg dish. I have only tried the Impossible/Bisquick recipes as dinner casseroles, but this was perfect as quiche without a crust. You can easily shift the ingredients a bit like I did. I don't do bacon much at home so I subbed in some deli turkey and used Monterey jack cheese as I was out of cheddar. Also didn't have any dry mustard so left that out and added a little fresh basil on top. Yum!
I made a slight error here in not realising the Bisquik ingredients, and only using flour and baking powder in my quiche, which meant I didnt get as fluffy a result as should be. I now have a recipe for Bisquik and will happily make this again, correctly :) That doesnt mean it wasnt great!!! Worked perfectly otherwise, I made it as a couple of individual servings plus a small quiche since I enjoyed the presentation aspect of individual quiches. I made it as written, but there is lots of room for mix and match with the filling ingredients! Lovely recipe, thanks Teresa, sorry I didnt get it quite right but it was much enjoyed for Consideration Tag Game